Sponsor a Summer Intern
Our students are trained to work collaboratively, and many have already had experience working at agencies or on the client side. They are independent, driven and ready to prove themselves.
We hope you’ll strongly consider sponsoring a VCU Brandcenter intern this summer. They are available to intern for an 8-10 week period, May-August. Click the yellow “Request an Intern” button below to submit an intern request form. Or, if your agency or company has its own internship application, please email Ashley Sommardahl the link to pass along to the students.
Art Direction, Copywriting, Creative Brand Management, Experience Design and Strategy
Internships are generally 8 weeks between June 1st and mid-August, but it’s really up to you and your intern(s) to set the exact dates.
Typically Brandcenter interns are paid $15-20/hour to help cover living/travel expenses.
Students are responsible for finding their own housing; however, if you can give them suggestions of places to look, that would be great.
Why Should I hire a Brandcenter Intern?
Brandcenter students are taught to take a media-neutral approach to solving the client’s business problem. They are “digital natives” and inherently think about the role technology plays in consumers’ lives.
- They are exposed to a progressive curriculum. Courses are developed to help them stay ahead of the industry and hopefully yield the future leaders of our industry.
- Brandcenter students are trained to work collaboratively across all disciplines. They’re mature/professional, and many have had ad agency experience.
- Brandcenter students are independent, driven and ready to prove themselves. They are accustomed to working 24/7.
- A Brandcenter intern costs much less than a freelancer for an 8-week period.
- The Brandcenter has received some recent accolades:
- Two Brandcenter alums were recently ranked in Forbes “Top 30 Under 30”
- for Marketing/Advertising.
- Four Brandcenter alums were recently ranked in Business Insider's “Top 30 Under 30” for Marketing/Advertising.
- VCU Brandcenter was named #1 advertising program by Creativity magazine
- VCU Brandcenter was named top portfolio school by 4A’s O’Toole Awards
- VCU Brandcenter was named top global business/design program by BusinessWeek
- VCU Brandcenter was named #1 digital media and marketing program by Ad Age
- VCU Brandcenter was named “Most Innovative Business School” by Innovation Challenge, a global competition among top graduate business schools
Email Ashley Sommardahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some Agencies/Companies That Have Sponsored Brandcenter Interns…
American Red Cross
Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners
Coca - Cola
David and Goliath
Goodby Silverstein & Parners
Google Creative Lab