Meet your instructor:
Professor, Experience Design
Andrew LeVasseur is a design educator and practitioner who has an extensive career helping companies evolve, grow and build world-class platforms, products and services. As chair of the Experience Design concentration at the Brandcenter, he helps define the vision, curriculum and course content. As a professor, he teaches multiple graduate-level courses focused on strategy, design and technology. He has worked for top agencies like Razorfish and The Martin Agency. His brand and design credits include work for Barclays, Best Buy, Capital One, Harrah's Entertainment, Hawaiian Airlines, Holland America, Microsoft, Michelin – BFGoodrich, Verizon FiOS, Weight Watchers, among others. His focus areas include brand strategy, user experience design, information architecture, interaction design, software, information systems and process design, technology and new media, applied research and analytics.
Program Length: 6 Weeks
Dates: June 21 – July 30, 2021
Registration Fee: $1,100.00
Early Bird Rate / Alumni Rate: $990.00
Early Bird Deadline: May 23, 2021
Time Commitment: ~10 hours per week
- Online Synchronous (~3 hours week), Class Time: Tuesdays 6:00 to 8:40 p.m.
- Online Asynchronous (~6 hours week, work on your own time, and when convenient)
- Additional Program Resources: Full access to program materials and resources well beyond the end of the program
- Week 1: Introduction to Design Leadership
- Week 2: Lecture and Studio: Discover the unmet need
- Week 3: Lecture and Studio: Define the opportunity space
- Week 4: Agile Design Studio: Solution design
- Week 5: Agile Design Studio: Test and iterate
- Week 6: Client presentation and Review
This program will help professionals gain a practical and applied understanding of how leading organizations are using design (strategy, processes, methods, and tools) to deliver exceptional user experiences.
The program will survey, review, and discuss design as a values-based approach to drive organizational change, create better user experiences, and generate positive business outcomes.
Throughout the program, we will highlight and discuss specific cases where creative organizations have used design to achieve success. Participants will actively engage in live and simulated client case studies/design challenges. Participants will apply and practice the disciplines of design, working together to create an innovative brand platform, product, and service experience.
Participants can introduce real projects from their own professional work experience into the program. They can also participate in the sessions as a team, if helpful.
This program will combine synchronous and asynchronous instructional learning, facilitated discussion and workshops, and hands-on design studio activities. It will be a fun, fast-paced, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-to-work environment, where participants will learn, grow, and achieve success together. Professionals will leave the program with the confidence to lead, manage, and transform their organization with design.
- Learn the relationship between design practices and business performance so that you can build the case for design.
- Learn new approaches, processes, methods, and tools both you and your company can use to evolve, grow and build world-class platforms, products, and services.
- Apply the learning to both real and simulated design problems using a combination of case method and design sprints.
- Build confidence as a design visionary and leader and show how you can use design as a catalyst for change.
Who Should Enroll?
Career professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge, capabilities, and skills. Participants will gain applied design leadership practice through activity-based learning, producing design documents, artifacts, and work samples, all the while developing relationships with other experts and professionals in related fields.
Make sure to have a computer, strong internet connection, the Zoom application, and access to Google Drive. All other software, resources, and references will be provided.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
After completing a BCX program, participants will receive a certificate of completion, enhanced understanding of the program material, and a new network of professional colleagues.