Ready to experience the Brandcenter in person? Sign up for one of our on-site information sessions.
Creative thinking comes from a creative, collaborative environment. You will find this to be the case whether you're in our building or in the city we call home (lovely Richmond, Virginia).
Mike Hughes Hall
Brandcenter students design, write, strategize and build in our vibrant, open building. Mike Hughes Hall, named for the founding chairman of our board of directors, became our home in 2009.
The building was originally a carriage house for The Jefferson Hotel and was renovated into dedicated space for creative thinking and collaboration.
Creative spaces are the specialty of the building's renowned architect, Clive Wilkinson. His work includes Disney, the Googleplex, TBWA\Chiat\Day, Mother Advertising and California Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising.
Labs and equipment
Our computer labs, editing suite and video production equipment give you extra horsepower for your creative work. The Brandcenter is equipped with these amenities:
- Labs with Mac Pros, HD video editing stations and Dell 4K displays
- Software, including Final Cut Pro, After Effects and Adobe Creative Suite
- File servers with dedicated, protected space for each student
- Industry standard, all-digital video production tools, including cameras, nonlinear editing bays, and state-of-the-art lighting and sound equipment (available for checkout)
- An experience design lab with two 3-D printers, a laser cutter and other design tools
Interested in our master's program?