Check out our upcoming sessions and find a date that works for you.
Interactive Virtual Tour
Get a special inside look at the Brandcenter building.
Creative thinking comes from a creative, collaborative environment. You will find this to be the case whether you're in our building or in the city we call home (lovely Richmond, Virginia).
Mike Hughes Hall
Brandcenter students design, write, strategize and build in our vibrant, open building. Mike Hughes Hall, named for the founding chairman of our board of directors, became our home in 2009.
The building was originally a carriage house for The Jefferson Hotel and was renovated into dedicated space for creative thinking and collaboration.
Creative spaces are the specialty of the building's renowned architect, Clive Wilkinson. His work includes Disney, the Googleplex, TBWA\Chiat\Day, Mother Advertising and California Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising.
Labs and equipment
Our computer labs, editing suite and video production equipment give you extra horsepower for your creative work. The Brandcenter is equipped with these amenities:
- Labs with Mac Pros, HD video editing stations and Dell 4K displays
- Software, including Final Cut Pro, After Effects and Adobe Creative Suite
- File servers with dedicated, protected space for each student
- Industry standard, all-digital video production tools, including cameras, nonlinear editing bays, and state-of-the-art lighting and sound equipment (available for checkout)
- An experience design lab with two 3-D printers, a laser cutter and other design tools
Richmond, Virginia, commonly referred to as "RVA," is a historic southern city in the midst of a creative rebirth. It is a place where Brandcenter students can hone their craft and be inspired by local art and commerce without breaking the bank.
There's an entrepreneurial spirit and creative energy about the city that is punctuated with art galleries, museums, foodie hot spots, riverfront festivals, live music, and outdoor sports and activities.
- No. 2: 25 Cities Where Millennials are Moving, TIME
- No. 3: 8 Cities Whose Entrepreneurship Communities are Booming, Entrepreneur.com
- Best American Cities for Creatives, Thrillist
Interested in our master's program?