All applicants should be curious, creative, and collaborative.
ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO ...
- Think creatively and critically
- Enjoy working and fully participating in teams
- Manage time effectively and meet project deadlines
- Relate to others and embrace open communication
ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE …
- Experience collaborating in a group
- An enjoyment of creating/making
- Professional ambition and drive
- A bachelor’s degree
AD APPLICANTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO ...
- Think visually
- Understand visual hierarchy
- Demonstrate personal history of creative outputs (illustration, graphic design, photography, fine art, film, animation, etc.)
- Understand what brands stand for
AD APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE:
- Some working knowledge of at least one or more of the following Adobe applications: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects
- Some knowledge of layout, design, and typography
CW APPLICANTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO ...
- Convey a story through words
- Write both short-form and long-form
- Recognize how a brand personality, tone, and voice behaves in the world
CW APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE:
- Knowledge of any word processing software (Microsoft Word, Pages, Google Docs)
Creative Brand Management
CBM APPLICANTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO ...
- Build, work in, and lead teams, contributing ideas and caring about the output of a project
- Demonstrate previous experience that suggests a possible skill set for understanding business situations and making business decisions
- Share an opinion for the greatest receptivity
- Intrigued by the idea of helping a business grow and succeed
CBM APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE:
- Completed a college level math/statistics or accounting course. We don’t expect you to be an accountant, but we’d love it if you like numbers.
- Proficiency with Office Suites
- Leadership experience
XD APPLICANTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO ...
- Analyze contemporary problems facing business and brands
- Apply critical and creative thinking skills to arrive at new solutions
- Consider new and emerging models of brand and user engagement
- Visualize, prototype, and demonstrate solutions across a range of media
- Communicate and persuade others of the merit of your ideas
XD APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE:
- Genuine topic interest and understanding
- Demonstrated success in related professional or academic discipline
- Transferrable craft or technical skills
- Evidence to quickly learn and apply knowledge and skills
- While not required, it helps if students have some working knowledge of 2D design (e.g. Illustrator, InDesign), 2D interactive design (e.g. Figma, Adobe XD), and 3D design (e.g. Blender, Adobe Dimension software).
ST APPLICANTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO ...
- Think out of the box and also bring the ideas down to earth
- Demonstrate the ability to see how seemingly unrelated ideas might come together
- Tell an engaging story and present it in a compelling way
- Make hard choices for the good of a project
- Communicate clearly and concisely through writing
ST APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE:
- Proficiency in Office Suites
- Knowledge of Miro and Canva are pluses
- Passion for current events, culture shifts, and trends
- Drive to be “in the know” and enjoy sharing your favorite “finds”
Interested in our master's program?